You can use AirPlay to wirelessly stream DisneyLife content from your Apple device to your Apple TV.
Please note you can only stream in English and subtitles are unavailable whilst casting. Everything streamed via AirPlay will be in SD (Standard Definition).
Before you can cast from the DisneyLife app, please make sure that:
- AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV.
- Your iOS device and your Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To start streaming:
- On your Apple device, open the DisneyLife app and select what you’d like to watch.
- Swipe upward from the bottom edge of your device to open the Control Centre.
- Swipe horizontally to find the Now Playing.
- Tap the AirPlay icon (triangle with radiating circles) to see the list of available devices you can stream to.
- Tap the name of the device you want to stream content to.
- The content playing on your device will now show on your Apple TV.
To stop streaming, simply tap the AirPlay symbol again.
If you are having any trouble using Apple AirPlay, double check that:
- You’re not using a TV receiver (dongle). Note, use of AirPlay TV receivers, are not supported with DisneyLife.
- AirPlay Mirroring is not activated.
To Disable mirroring, swipe up to open the Control Centre, tap AirPlay Mirroring to switch it off (icon will turn grey) and then try to stream the movie or TV show again without mirroring.
AirPlay Mirroring differs from AirPlay, as it allows your device’s full screen to be replicated on your Apple TV screen.
If AirPlay isn’t working as it should, check to see if your device is having issues with other apps. If it is, contact your manufacturer.
If the issue only appears with the DisneyLife app, please see What can I do when the DisneyLife app isn’t working properly? for a few other steps, you can try.