If you have a Google Nexus player or NVIDIA SHIELD, you can connect to DisneyLife by following the steps below.
Before you start, please make sure:
- You have set up your DisneyLife account: check out the steps at How do I start my subscription?
- The device you’re using DisneyLife on and the streaming device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Google Nexus Player
The Nexus Player acts as a bridge between Android devices and your TV and it connects to your HDTV with a HDMI cable. To cast DisneyLife through your Nexus Player:
- Turn the Nexus Player on.
- Open the DisneyLife app on your Android device.
- In the app, tap the Cast icon at the top of the screen, next to the magnifying glass.
- Choose the device you wish to stream to.
- The app content will now be cast to your TV. The Cast icon will change colour, letting you know you're connected.
- Select the content you wish to view and tap Play.
- The content showing on your device will now show on your TV.
Please note you can only stream in English and subtitles are unavailable whilst casting.
To use the NVIDIA SHIELD, you will need a compatible HDTV with a HDMI port and a secure internet connection. You will also need to connect the controller. For more information on how to link the controller please visit the NVIDIA SHIELD help page.
NVIDIA SHIELD works based on Android TV and Google Play. To access DisneyLife with NVIDIA SHIELD, navigate to the Google Play Store on your NVIDIA SHIELD, where you can search for the DisneyLife app and install it. Please see the steps on How do I use DisneyLife on Android TV?
NVIDIA SHIELD also has Google Cast built-in, so you can cast from your personal device, Android or iOS, on to the big screen. For more details, please see the “Google Cast built-in” section in Streaming DisneyLife through Chromecast.
For more information on device compatibility and operating system requirements, check out Ways to Watch.
For other ways you can watch DisneyLife on your TV, please see Can I use DisneyLife with my TV?